It's summer! It's hot! It's... up-to-the-minute LadyKiller NEWS FLASHES to enjoy with your iced tea this Sunday...
- Camille Minichino proudly proclaims she has survived another heat wave in Northern California, even as she longs for a bit of a vacation on Revere Beach.
- Penny Warner is in Carmel, California, doing research for Code Buster #3 (she recently sold books 3 & 4 in the series.) Penny adds: "Did you know there was a pirate at the Carmel Mission? And he used pirate code...."
- Ann Parker has indulged herself by buying a gallon of chocolate mint ice-cream from the local Loards. Nothing says summer like ice cream. Yum!
- Meanwhile, Rita Lakin has turned on the heat in her house to keep warm.
- Mary Anna is basking in reflected glory, as her younger daughter took first place in mythology at the advanced level in the National Junior Classical League national convention last week. Yay, Team Evans!
- Sharan Newman is working on life in the Crusader kingdoms in the 12th century. To that end, she made her own hummus last night. She does NOT intend to turn off the air conditioning to find out what life was really like then in summer.
- Michael A. Black got the side door painted on his "repair the garage" summer project and was *this* close to nailing up the flashing when suddenly a horrendous storm hit. In Michael's words: "Wind whipping around, heavy rain, power outages galore, and tree limbs all over the place." ... That's the Midwest for you! ... He adds, "But the roof I put on earlier in the summer didn't leak." Well done, Michael!
- Priscilla Royal is busy fanning the cats who don't care what anyone else thinks. They're hot.
So, what do you give yourself as a reward for a job well done? (A shout from the peanut gallery: Ice cream!) And what exactly do you consider a reward... Money? Acclaim? A day all to yourself to do whatever you want? A line of checkmarks on the daily chore list?
We'll be talking about rewards. Stop in with your cuppa (or your ice cream!). We look forward to your comments!