- Michael A. Black's third Leal and Hart novel, Sacrificial Offerings, just came out in hardcover from Five Star.
- Michael also has a short story titled "The Black Rose" in a recently released e-book anthology called Protectors: Stories to Benefit PROTECT. PROTECT is a national organization affiliated with author Andrew Vachss that works to protect children by lobbying for passing legislation designed to prevent child abuse. All the proceeds go to PROTECT. Other contributing authors include Patti Abbott, Ken Bruen, George Pelecanos, and Joe Landsdale, and Vachss, among many more. For more about the cause and the book, and to buy it (in its many different e-book forms), go to http://the-lost-children.blogspot.com/p/protectors-stories-to-benefit-protect.html. The direct link to amazon is right here.
- Staci McLaughlin, Penny Warner, Ann Parker, and mystery author Carole Price continue their Murder in the Valley events this week:
- This Thursday is Diana Orgain's last scheduled post at the LadyKillers. Be sure to drop in and wish her well with all her writings! We hope she'll drop on in for a guest post and let us know what she's up to. Hannah Jane will move in and be trading Thursdays with Staci McLaughlin.
- Mary Anna Evans will be conducting a writing workshop at Murder on the Beach in Delray Beach, Florida on Saturday, September 15, from 10 am to noon.
- Mary Anna will also be speaking at the Ponte Vedra Library in Ponte Vedra, Florida on Monday, September 17, at 6:30 p.m.
The LadyKillers tackle the topic of self-discipline this coming week... some, no doubt, will attack it in a more disciplined style than others. Be sure to come visit and see what they have to say!
"The first and best victory is to conquer yourself." ~Plato