- Camille Minichino and Ann Parker will be giving a NaNoWriMo workshop for those "stuck in the middle" on Wednesday, November 14, 7 p.m., at the Livermore Public Library, Livermore, California.
HAPPY DAYS? Maybe, Maybe Not
Aren't those high school days supposed to have been the best days of our lives? This coming week, The LadyKillers will be present when the bell rings (no tardies here!), ready to raise their hands and offer their input on the topic of high school. Grades will be on a curve, but be sure you drop in and participate! (The teacher is very strict about participation.)
Look Around and Give Thanks
'Tis the season to be thankful. We asked The LadyKillers to look around their writing spaces and tell us what, in that particular space, they are grateful for (we're all thankful for friends, family, and pumpkin pie... but do they co-exist with writing? Hmmm...).
- Priscilla - Where to start on what I am thankful for? OK, I stabbed blindly at the long list. Two cats? this was rigged! Four-footed tyrants who play soccer in the hall at 2 AM? Who find their inner Siamese when the chow bowl falls to half full? Well, they also soothe if I don't feel well and give gratuitous purrs when I hit a road block in a book. When I look into those eyes... Yeah, I am grateful...
- Camille - I'm thankful for my 20 + -year old office chair, the most comfortable in the house, $$$ recliners notwithstanding. Come see it in its duct tape glory.
- Rita - I'm thankful for the gorgeous view out my window when I work. It is a bird sanctuary. I especially love watching the pelicans dive for food. It's better looking than Camille's chair. So there.
- Margaret - Hmm. I was going to say I'm grateful for the view outside my window, right in front of my desk. It's green and restful, and looking out makes a welcome change from staring at the computer screen (which is in front of a wall; it's an L-shaped arrangement). But my view is nothing compared to Rita's wonderful lagoon vista.
- Ann - I'm thankful for the door to my office. Because, much as I love love love my family, there are times when I must close it.