What! 17,628. You heard me. 17,628 listed. Ya gotta be kidding. So I glance thru a few. I get to a thousand and I quit.
So my list, which could number 100, will be kept down to the ones I never forgot or were willing to see again. Maybe.
The first one I thought of is probably not even listed. But I’m not going through the last 16 thou. to find out. First crime movie that I saw that I never forgot was Big Deal on Madonna Street An Italian movie 1958, a satire of caper movies. Hilariously funny with the dorkiest group of crooks ever. Lead by gorgeous Marcello Mastroiani. It probably no longer exists.
Another memorable one also maybe not listed. French. The Bride Wore Black 1968, based on story by Mr. Noir himself , William Irish (really Cornell Woolrich) Directed by Truffaut with Jean Moreau.
- The Godfather series
- Dial M For Murder
- In the Heat of the Night
- Witness For the Prosecution
- Shawshank Redemption
- The Fugitive
- In Cold Blood
- To Kill a Mockingbird
Movies that scared the hell out of me:
- Silence of the Lambs
- Play Misty For Me
- The Omen
I love Comedy Movies:
- Miss Congeniality (Sandra Bullock delightful)
- Kindegarden Cop (really Arnold was so cute)
- Hollywood Homicide (loved Josh Harnell & Harrison Ford)
- Beverly Hills Cop ( Eddie Murphy was great)
- A Fish Called Wanda (Kevin Kline absolutely brilliant)
Really good ones:
- Pelham One Two Three
- Dog Day Afternoon
- Body Heat
- North by Northwest, (and most of Hitchcock)
- Anatomy of a Murder
- Assault on Precinct 13
- Assasination of Jesse James by that Coward, Robert Ford
- Die Hard
All right already, I’m stopping, but there are plenty more. What’s your list?