Writers are generous with advice and support. I wouldn't be where I am today without so much help from my fellow authors. Here's my top fifteen list of the best advice I've gotten. By best I mean what works for me. We're all different and have to find our own way.
2. Outline your first draft after you've written it. That paves the way for making revisions.
3. Never give up.
4. Write something everyday, even if it's only email.
5. When you're stuck, take a walk, take a shower, take a break. Give your brain time to percolate. Don't panic. Something will come up.
6. Seek feedback from trusted sources. Be open to criticism, but true to yourself.
7. Use an editor.
8. Never show anyone - even an editor - your crappy first draft.
9. Remove all unnecessary words, especially adverbs ending in "ly."
10. Support your fellow writers whenever you can. Publishing is not a zero-sum game.
11. Read widely.
12. Read widely.
13. Read widely.
14. Read widely
15. Read widely.