- Ann Parker, Penny Warner, and Carole Price are speaking with friend of the LadyKillers Juliet Blackwell at the AAUW/Northern California Sisters in Crime author panel luncheon in Pleasant Hill on Saturday, March 16, starting at 11:30.
- The LadyKillers are storming Left Coast Crime in Colorado Springs in less than two weeks! Here's a cheat sheet of our panels:
- Friday: 9:00 AM, Susan C. Shea moderates the panel "Literary Inspirations for Traditional Mysteries," Mysti Berry moderates the panel "It's a Noir Cozy Steampunk Police Procedural," and at 1:00 PM, Terry Shames is a member of the panel for "The Character--the 'Why' in a Mystery."
- Saturday: 10:00 AM, Ann Parker is a member of the panel "Thoroughly Modern Molly and Maisie and Inez and Declus: People from the Past Engaging the Modern Reader" and at 11:00 AM, Ann Parker is a member of the panel for "Settings--as a Character--or as a…Setting" with Terry Shames moderating.
- Sunday: 9:00 AM, Terry Shames in a member of the panel "Breaking and Entering, Tales of the First Sale" and Susan C. Shea is a member of the panel "Tradition, With a Twist."
Beginnings and Endings
A bad beginning kills the story before it starts. A bad ending can sour the whole story for a reader. What makes a good beginning? A good ending? Do you know one when you see one, or can they be described, predicted, explained? Join the LadyKillers next week as we explore the alpha and the omega--the beginning and the end!
This week's quote is in honor of Women's History Month:
I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity. --Michelle Obama